With my departure date just six weeks away, I thought I’d share some fun facts about my trip!
Here we go…
- The actual cycling distance of my planned route is 9349.83km.
- If I were to start in St John’s and bike the same distance east that I’m riding west, I’d finish in Mongolia.
- To travel this distance, my wheels will rotate over 4,698,400 times.
- If I meet my goal of riding 700km a week, the trip should take 93 and a half days.
- The shortest distance I’ll bike in any one province is in PEI – just 152 km.
- The longest distance I’ll bike in any one province is in Ontario – a whopping 2580km.
- My total elevation gain (the combined vertical distance of all the hills/mountains on my route) will be 53,139.61m. That’s roughly six times the height of Mt Everest, 233 times the height of the Niagara Escarpment, or over halfway to outer space.
If you find this inspiring, or even if you just think I’m nuts, please consider making a donation to my fundraising campaign for Gillian’s Place.